Where has the time gone?

Friday, June 1, 2007

Thursday and Friday morning

I'm sorry. I forgot to bring my camera to pack meeting. Of course, I couldn't post pictures.
Garrett has earned another bead. He only has about 9 individual items left. The last few will be like pulling teeth. The main one he will have a problem with is the bike riding one. He doesn't have the coordination to get the pedaling thing down. We're working on it.

Thursday was fun. I worked outside in the garden while the kids played in our kiddy pool. I jerry rigged two of our kids play toys and made a waterslide for the swimming pool.

After the pool we ended up at Jen's and played with her girls. We played at the park and had popsicles in her back yard.

We ended up at Lisa's for a Cub Scout Cmte. meeting. The kids played while we worked on plans for the summer. It was a nice meeting. The two scout moms and I talked alot. It was nice to have some adult conversation.

Karen came over and the kids played for awhile until Todd came home. The rest of the night was spent doing the usual. Hanging out with my hubby. We watched the Melendez vs. Maynard fight on the Ultimate Fighter. I was really hoping Melendez could pull it off, but Maynard got him in a choke hold. (Yes, I like UFC.)

Today (Friday morning): Right now he is having a hard time. He is so anxious for school to start again. His routine is totally off and he really wants to go back. Right now our problem is that he has a friend "N" whose birthday is today but his actual party is tomorrow. He doesn't understand why he can't go over and celebrate today too. "N" has a pool and so that is the other reason he wants to go. He loves to swim.

I'll be watching Karen's two youngest most of the day today. I feel bad. Todd keeps telling me not to but I still do. One of the men from church came over and asked if I would watch his son for him again. He's a single father and he's trying to keep a job. During school, I picked up his son along with my boys and watched him for a couple of hours a day three times a week. It was fine and the boy was great. He asked me if I could watch him during the summer. I had to tell him no. I hate saying no to people. I hate to ask people for help. I guess I figure it is as hard for them to ask me for help and so I hate to turn them down. I had to say no because of Garrett being home for the large part of the summer and because I knew I could never leave the house with all four of them. I wanted to go out and about with my boys and do fun activities. I know I have a hard enough time with my own. I knew I couldn't watch "L" on top of it. And I definitely couldn't afford to pay for "L" if we went and did anything that had a price. I don't think he could afford to pay me.

Yesterday, when he came by I felt horrible telling him no. I would have said yes if I didn't already have Karen's kids to watch. Two things made it worse. As the brother was asking me "L" was playing with my kids. He wasn't paying attention to our adult conversation. As they went to leave I could hear "L" saying "so is she gonna watch me." Ugh! Pierce my heart. Then for bedtime prayer, Garrett prayed that "L" would be able to come over and play with them. I hate to say "NO."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Idaho born, Texas native Floridian